How to date Dutch Women?
When you think ‘regular’ women are complicated, you haven’t dated any Dutch women yet! As a woman (who also lived abroad), I can (proudly) say that we are complicated. Hell yes! But once you get to know us, you will love us forever. 🙂
Dutch Women Are Honest
First of all, Dutch women are honest. Not a bit honest, try deadly honest. So when you ask us a question, but you don’t actually want to know the answer (for example if we like your shoes…) and instead wanna be sweet talked, then do NOT ask this question! Cause us Dutch women will tell you the truth. And here it’s where it actually goes wrong a lot of times (even with Dutchmen, trust me). When we answer your question and you don’t like the answer, it’s not meant to hurt you. We just say things like they are.
Dutch Women are Independent!
Second: we like to be independent. So this means we could love you till death, but still want to hang on to our own house when we move in together. This has nothing to do with not having faith; this is just us, always wanting to be independent. Maybe this sounds very strange to you, but for us as women, it makes sense. So just learn to deal with it. 🙂
Furthermore: we do like presents and when our date pays for dinner, but, not too much! We don’t want to feel like you are trying to buy your way into our shoebox if you know what I mean. When you’re a decent guy, you will let us pay as well. Of course, there are women that open their shoebox for drinks or dinners, but ask yourself if this is the woman that you want to be with? Cause when you’re running out of money, what will they do with their shoebox? Right….
Dutch Woman: You See What You Get And We’ll Talk About Anything!
And then, Dutch woman (and yes, I’m talking very much in general, so just take it as my opinion) don’t like makeup too much. We prefer to be natural beauties, even when we are not that beautiful. We are who we are and we also have no problems talking about it. We talk just as easily about coffee as our bowel movements, something I know is very uncommon for many women in other countries.
And last but not least: we are not in love with our mothers! Don’t be afraid that when you take your relationship to the next level, a second woman will pop up and never leave again. Yes, we can live without our mothers and we also don’t need to call them every day. In return, this also means we won’t mummy you either. Lucky you!
Dutch Woman Are Not Monsters! (ok, some are…)
So, we will not clean up after you, we will not wash your clothes, we will not do the dishes for you: all of this you can do yourself too. 50% 50% of course, because we are no monsters either. But if you don’t know how to cook and/or do the dishes and don’t know how to clean, I would rethink about dating a Dutch woman. Cause we expect men to be able to do all this (or at least try!).
So when you are ready to take us Arnhem ladies out on a date, I can propose the following places to go:
– For a fancy and happy food dinner: Dining 56 (also with a nice view over the river).
– For a romantic picnic: Park Sonsbeek with a great view over Arnhem OR choose one of the little beaches on the Riverside crossing the John Frost Bridge to Arnhem Zuid and then taking the first steps down.
– For a good night out with live (rock) music: Dollars at the Korenmarkt.
– For drinks, I can suggest Stan&Co, and if you want to be in a bit more less fancy place, go to Het Moortgat.
– You can also enjoy the view over Arnhem by taking the elevator in the Eusebius Church (for €9) and afterward, for example, take her to one of the sweet terraces on the Eiland (at the end of the Zwanenstraat, near the Eusebius church).
– Do you want a spend a day together, outside of Arnhem? Cycle up to the National Park Hoge Veluwe and visit it’s museum (a big plus!).
Great spots in the area to go to are: Sprok Beach in Bemmel, the Millinger Theetuin in Berg & Dal or discover Zutphen by canoe.
Come for some sightseeing to Arnhem and book a guided city tour! The guide can provide you with loads of tourist information about Arnhem as well!
Blog by Mabel at Arnhem.
Want to advertise on ArnhemLife? That’s possible! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for info.